Social Convention Cohort
The creative cohort for cutting-edge makers of live art
What is it:
A digital home and makerspace for creatives in live art to find each other, support each other, collaborate, upskill, and make work.
Who is it for:
Individual creatives and small companies, theatre and contemporary performance makers, dancers, choreographers, musicians, composers, sound artists, directors, live art producers, playwrights, creative technologists, nightlife performers, live XR makers, multimedia designers, and more.
What will it include:
- Mentorship, peer-to-peer learning, and accountability programmes
- Access to “office hours” with experienced producers and grant writers
- Professional classes and workshops on topics like:
- Strategic finance for creatives
- The step by step guide to grant writing
- Digital making on a budget
- Creative Goal Setting
- Free or discounted access to a suite of digital tools and platforms including:
- Powerful live streaming
- Flexible and affordable ticketing services
- Tools for understanding and growing your audience
- Parties. Obviously.
We are seeking approximately 15 founding members to develop the cohort with us from June – August 2021 to take classes, connect, collaborate, and upskill whilst sharing your knowledge, telling us what works and what doesn’t, and what you need most from a network like this.
How to get involved:
For Phase 1 we are prioritising applications from artists, creatives, makers, producers from Edinburgh and South East Scotland, and South East Scottish artists in diaspora. Pop us an email at email@example.com and tell us who you are, where you’re based, what kind of work you do, and why you think this cohort might be helpful to you OR fill our the expression of interest form at the button above.