Staying Afloat: Financial Forecasting
Do you ever feel like the numbers just don’t mean anything? Do you find that your financial plans and reality just never seem to join up?
Being a creative can often feel like a series of endless budget proposals, but with no room for growth or flexibility. In this session we look at simple techniques that go beyond endless disconnected project budgets toward a coherent financial plan.
Feel more in control. Focus on creativity.
- Full cost recovery budgeting
- Managing cash flow
- Forecasting and risk
- Commercial methods for social and creative purpose
This class is suitable for a range of folks in the arts and culture sector, including freelancers, self-producing artists, sole traders, small companies, and individuals who want to grow their skill sets and networks.
CLASS + SEMINAR 1: Tuesday, June 14, 2:00PM – 4:00PM BST (UPDATED!)
CLASS + SEMINAR 2: Tuesday, June 28, 2:00PM – 4:00PM BST (UPDATED!)
What is a “Skills Sprint”?
- 2 x 60 minute taught class – led by an expert in creative business and entrepreneurship
- 2 x 40 minute group seminars – problem solve with peers in small group breakout sessions
- 1 x 30 minute mentoring session – focus on your questions or struggles with the topic to embed learning and apply it right away
- Plus access to our online community and post-class networking & hang outs!
[The contents of this class are designed to support financial decision-making and do not constitute financial advice. Please consult your accountant or financial advisor.]
This event is happening in-person at Good Hotel in Royal Docks, and online. All events will be live captioned in English, with transcripts and audio recordings made available afterwards. The event will happen on the ground floor of Good Hotel. Facilities around the hotel are wheelchair accessible and accessible parking can be arranged through the hotel – just let us know! We are working towards having BSL interpreters as standard for these events, but aren’t quite there yet – for any accessibility needs or questions and requirements please reach out to Natalie at email@example.com and we’ll make sure we have what you need.