How and why we collect and process data.
We are committed to protecting your personal data, and being transparent about the information we hold.
Developing a better understanding of our audiences through information we collect about you allows us to plan more efficiently and ultimately develop better, more fun, exciting and engaging content, productions and events.
Transparency is at the core of what we do, because we want our audiences to be at the core of what we do.
This page should give you a clear explanation about how Social Convention collects and uses any personal information you provide to us or that we collect, whether online, via email, any other contact or from third parties.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
We may update the terms of this policy at any time, so please do check it from time to time. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our website(s). By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
If you have any queries about this privacy and cookies policy please contact us.
We use Google Analytics on our website(s) to help them work well and to track anonymous information about how people are using them.
We use Google Tag Manager’s tracking code from our partners I AM to understand if you clicked on an advert in a third party website or third party platform, and if that action resulted in you viewing our content or making a purchase for us.
We currently use the following cookies on our site:
- “sc_gdpr” stores your response to the Accept/Reject GDPR popup
- “sc_theme” saves the theme styling used for the site for one month, this is especially important if you choose “high contrast” such as for accessibility reasons
- “wp-postpass_*” is used when we protect our content and validates a password protected page was unlocked
In addition, if you register on our website(s) then the following will also apply:
- All Social Convention websites collect personal information when you register with us.
- The website you sign up to will collect information such as your name, email address and postcode. Once you register with that website you may not be anonymous to us when you subsequently visit or sign in.
- As part of the registration process and continued use of Social Convention services, you agree that any registration information you give to Social Convention will always be accurate, correct and up to date. Please do get in touch should you need to amend any of your personal information.
- We collect and retain information about your interactions with us so that we can process your interactions and deal with future queries.
We want to ensure you receive the level of information about Social Convention that is right for you. We carry out targeted marketing activity to ensure that we are contacting you with the most appropriate communication, which is relevant and timely and will ultimately provide an improved experience for you. In doing so, we may use profiling techniques or use third party insight companies to provide us with general information about you. Such information is compiled using publicly available data about you or information that you have already provided to us.
If you actively provide your consent to us along with your email address and/or mobile phone number, we may contact you for marketing purposes by email or text message. By subscribing to Social Convention emails or opting in to email communication from us, you grant us the right to use the email for both email marketing purposes and advertisement targeting.
You may opt-out of our marketing communications at any time by:
- clicking the “unsubscribe” link prominently displayed in our marketing emails;
- sending us an “opt-out” text message; or,
- following any other instructions we provide you;
You can also change any of your contact preferences at any time (including telling us that you don’t want us to contact you for marketing purposes). We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
Recipients – Information and disclosure
Social Convention may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To trading subsidiaries, suppliers or service providers only to provide the products or services you’ve requested from our site(s) where, for example, we use a separate company to deliver goods to you.
- To third parties who provide a service to us and are data processors.This would include our trusted partners that work with us in connection with our artistic purposes, and other entities that sell Social Convention products or provide information and marketing (subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures). We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect Social Convention, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
Rest assured, we will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data.
Keeping your personal information
We keep your personal information only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise these rights please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. We reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 for this process.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.